Friday, January 25, 2008

Rumbleseat

My interest in all things Chuck Ragan has been admittedly amplified by my excitement for my upcoming weekend in Chicago. This also means my attention is being given to projects like Rumbleseat, who I sometimes feel don't get enough attention. Featuring Chuck Ragan and Chris Wollard as well as Samantha Jones, Rumbleseat played a fairly straight forward acoustic-folk style complete with covers from Johnny Cash, Don Gibson and Tex Ritter. The thematic content across their discography is not very dynamic; if a song isn't about drinking, it's probably about love/loss. I wouldn't want it any other way, either.



Story time: About 4 years ago a friend of mine on the east coast burnt me a pile of CDs for my 22 hour bus ride home. Among those was a 19 song "complete discography" of the band Rumbleseat. I had heard all the stories of this release being delayed, and at this point, it still hadn't officially surfaced. I retained those 19 files over the years and just recently realized that only 12 of them were ever released when No Idea released the discography entitled 'Rumbleseat is Dead'. Some extensive searching awarded me with the names to a few of the better tracks, but I have still yet to figure out where exactly they came from. I'm choosing to share two of my favourite today, and I would very much love it if anyone who listens to these happens to know or discover anything about them that they share that information with me.

Rumbleseat- Love Song

Rumbleseat- What Do You Say

3 comments:

marijnnn said...

wow, quite the voice. like it a lot. i've discovered chuck ragan a while ago through a maniacal hwm re-discovery period, when i suddenly started to wonder if any of them did anything else outside hwm. never heard about rumbleseat, but i like it. a lot.

Michelle said...

if you haven't heard his solo stuff, i very much suggest it as well

Curt Baer said...

Is there any way you can upload ALL the missing tracks you have to mediafire? I've been searching EVERYWHERE for them (been a rumbleseat fan for years). I would flip!